• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mickey Hart Band Summer tour

#179766 2 years, 3 months ago
Anders Beck and Paul Hoffman rehearse Friend Of The Devil and I Know You Rider with Mickey Hart Band before the show at the Intersection in Grand Rapids. 7/24/12

7/25/12 House of Blues, Chicago

Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#179840 2 years, 3 months ago
"I live in two worlds," he says. "One, the archaic world of drums and drumming -- I'm strongly embedded in it, I love striking a membrane and hearing its report and playing real rhythm. And I have one foot firmly planted in the digital domain. This is such a wonderful time where science and art are now handshaking and becoming one. I am embedding the electronic worlds in which I feel comfortable into my music. I'm into pulsing and throbbing. What you're seeing now is a wonderful groundswell of binary and acoustic information coming together into new music"
Chester
More or less in line

#180038 2 years, 3 months ago
Mickey Hart Band at the Tralf, Buffalo NY 7/27/12

Set 1
Jungle>
Time never ends
Who stole the show
West L.A. Fadeaway
This one hour
Slo-Joe rain
Samson and Delilah

Set 2
Let there be light
Cut the deck
Bertha
Heartbeat
Train to nowhere>
Fire on the mountain
band intro's
Encore's
* Franklins tower
* GDTRFB

Hot show tonight. Shorter than I expected. They started right in, after taking the stage fairly late. Got everybody up,
and moving quickly. I felt they are "gelling" more as a band now. Although, still warming up to the new singer. They are
exploring some jams a little more too. West L.A was a pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed that. Bertha was very upbeat,
with tons of energy. And FOTM to wrap up the second set was hot. Nice bonus double encore took us to about 11:30.
It did seem like a short show. I would have enjoyed another hour. But this was a tighter version of what I saw in jan. I
did get to meet Sikiru before the show. And met both Gawain Mathews, and Crystal Monee Hall after the show. They
were hanging out, talking and signing autographs. Not Mickey unfortunately. I had a great time.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Goat, SunshineSue, Island Head
Chester
More or less in line

#183162 2 years, 2 months ago
Island Head wrote:
5/17/12 Ogden Theatre, Denver

I wanted to pair these vids up. They are both great quality, and from the same venue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Island Head
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#183174 2 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for the Ogden Theatre vids!! My favorite indoor venue!

So I finally pulled the trigger for the 2 days of MHB at The Mish. It was a rough decision between Mickey, Ned Fest (with JGB, Jimmy Herring Band, Los Lobos, Kyle Hollingsworth/Steve Kimock/Keller, etc.) or Kinfolk Celebration (with YMSB, Greensky Bluegrass and Todd Snider) all happening on the same weekend
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Chester
More or less in line

#183178 2 years, 2 months ago
Man, that's a lot of great music. Sounds like the Mish is a beautiful place to see a show. I would love that. Have fun.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#183263 2 years, 2 months ago
very nice denverman, that'll be sick. lots of great music out your way. one day i will see a show at the mish!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#186138 2 years, 2 months ago
You know your getting old when when you make it on AARP's youtube channel

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#186257 2 years, 2 months ago
Buffalo

Chester
More or less in line

#186637 2 years, 2 months ago
Just wanted to start this thread back up. Second part of his tour will begin on june 30th.

Mickey Hart Band @ The Cedar Cultural Center, Minneapolis, MN. -- Tuesday, August 21 at 7:30pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Englert Theater, Iowa City, IA. -- Wednesday, August 22 at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Granada, Lawrence, KS. -- Thursday, August 23 at 9:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Mishawaka Ampitheater, Bellvue Co. -- Friday and Saturday, August 24th and 25th at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart band @ The Waiting room, Omaha Ne. -- Monday, August 27th at 9:00pm

Mickey Hart band @ The Majestic Theater, Madison Wi. -- Tuesday, August 28th, at 9:00 pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Valarium, Knoxville Tn. -- Thursday, August 30th at 9:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ The Cannery Ballroom, Nashville Tn. -- Friday, August 31st at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ Dark Star Jubilee, Legend Valley, (Formerly Buckeye Lake) at Thornville Oh. -- Sunday, September 2nd at 1:00am
www.darkstarjubilee.com/

Mickey Hart band @ The National, Richmond Va. -- Sunday, September 2nd at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart band @ The Blockley, Philadelphia Pa. -- Tuesday September 4th at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart band @ The Bearsville Theater, Woodstock NY -- Wednesday September 5th at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart band @ The Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville Va. -- Thursday September 6th at 8:00pm

Mickey Hart Band @ "Camp Mysterium" - The Full Moon Resort, Big Indian, N.Y. -- Monday Sept. 3, through Thursday Sept. 6
mickeyhart.net/camp-mysterium/

Mickey Hart Band @ The , Terrapin Hill Harvest Festival, Harrodsburg, Ky -- Friday, September 7th at 2:00pm
www.terrapinhillfarm.com/festival/

Mickey Hart Band @ The Yonder Mountain String Band’s Harvest Music Festival, Ozark, Ar -- Thursday and Friday, October 11th and 12th at 12:00pm
www.yonderharvestfestival.com/

Mickey Hart Band @ The MagnoliaFest – Ampitheatre Stage, Live Oak Fl -- Thursday, October 18th at 11:00am
www.magnoliafest.com/

Some new dates have been added.
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds